Amplified: Race and Reality in STEM
This series aims to give a national platform to speakers to have candid conversations around race and diversity in the STEM fields. Launched in 2020 as part of Gladstone’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, this series is hosted in partnership with Georgia Tech, the Molecular Engineering & Sciences Institute at University of Washington, and The University of Texas at Austin. We hope these discussions spark change throughout the sciences.
IDEA Institute Anti-Racism Seminar Series
Blogs and Articles
- Dale Wright's - Further Reflection--Where Do We Go From Here?
- Tiffani Williams: 'Underrepresented Minority' Considered Harmful, Racist Language
- Amy Wagoner Johnson: Institutional Mixed Messaging
- The Diversity–Innovation Paradox in Science
- Donny Pearson: Make My Black Vote Matter
Actions and Resources
- Resources for Black Healing
- A list of resources for supporting the Black Lives Matter movement
- Anti-Racist Resources
- National Resources List
- Anti-Racism Resources for all ages
- George Floyd Activism
- How to Support Black Lives Matter, No Matter Where You Are
- Recursos en Español sobre el Anti-racismo (compiled by the Chicago Latinx Scholars)
- Center for Social and Behavioral Science’s collection of resources
- Confronting Prejudice: How to Protect Yourself and Help Others
University of Illinois Free Online Courses and Seminars
- Race and Cultural Diversity in American Life and History
- College of Education Dean's Distinguished Lecture Series
- Let’s Get to the Root of Racial Injustice, TEDxRanier Talk from Megan Ming Francis
- The Symbols Of Systemic Racism -- and How To Take Away Their Power, TED Talk from Paul Rucker
- From Passion to Action, featuring Prof. Philip Phillips as a panelist
Anti-Asian Racism Resources
Actions and Resources
Stand Against Hatred
A website made by Asian Americans Advancing Justice. The website has multiple resources that can help. It has a learning section for what is hate?, how to intervene as a bystander, and hate crime laws. Also included is a list of resources that visitors can use to respond to racism against Asian Americans. There is also an option on the website to report any hate that you have experienced or witnessed.
Stop AAPI Hate
A similar website to Stand Against Hatred. Also offers an option to report any incident against Asian Americans that you have experienced or witnessed. The website also has a list of news articles and reports that are related to Anti-Asian incidents.
Resources For Champaign-Urbana’s Asian American and Pacific Islander Communities
A collection of resources organized by the City of Champaign that specifically deal with hate against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders. The resources include how to report hate crimes against Asian Americans in the C-U community as well as promoting local resources and organizations that individuals have access to.
Asian American Cultural Center
The Asian American Cultural Center is an organization on campus that is committed to supporting the lives of Asian American students attending the University of Illinois. They have resources on how to combat AAPI hate as well as videos and solidarity statements from the University against AAPI hate as well.
Asian American Racial Justice Toolkit
This is a toolkit that was made by the Chinese Progressive Association. It consists of three distinct parts. The first part of the toolkit is a series of 15 modules that handle different topics of racial justice. The second part of the toolkit is a series on how different organizations have combated racial injustice and its messages. The last part of the tool kit is resources that people can use to
Bystander Intervention by Hollaback
This is a short visual guide on how someone can intervene as a bystander against harassment. It is a general guide and does not specifically target hate against Asian-Americans. The guide was made by Hollaback which is a grassroots initiative that targets street and public harassment.
Stop AAPI Hate: New Data on Anti-Asian Hate Incidents Against Elderly and Total National Incidents in 2020
Data compiled by Stop AAPI Hate shows that Anti-Asian hate has gone up in the past year on a national level.