THE INSTITUTE FOR DIVERSITY, EQUITY, ACCESS, AND INCLUSION (IDEA) AT THE GRAINGER COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING STRIVES TO BE A HUB FOR INNOVATION THROUGH SOCIAL JUSTICE.
The IDEA Institute encourages this by encouraging and strengthening diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility resources at all levels among our engineering community.
THE IDEA INSTITUTE IS ACHIEVING IT'S MISSION BY:
- Conducting scholarly research, including evaluating and integrating diversity in the engineering sphere
- Enabling faculty, staff, and students to create and sustain initiatives that address the Institute’s core aim of diversity and inclusion through financial and scholarly support
- Uplifting the goals and initiatives of Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) of underrepresented students in STEM including SWE, NSBE, oSTEM, SHPE
- Creating engineering-related mentorship opportunities for underrepresented K-12 and graduate-level students in IL, such as MERGE, SURGE, GEnYuS, and summer camps
- Implementing the recommendations of the Grainger College Diversity Committee
- Providing resources that foster diversity and inclusion through regular webinars, blogs, action items, and talks